Sunday, February 22, 2009

How to Become a Diva on a Dime

First Stop: Boston, Massachusetts. 

Recession. Depression. Tough Times. Searchin' for a Stimulus Solution.

However you put it, whatever you choose to call it, we are all struggling in some way these days-- cutting back, shacking up, budgeting your life away. If you're one of the lucky few who are still living the High Life, now may be the time to ask yourself, How can you be more of a Diva on a Dime? And, what can you do with the dough you save? Invest in a new idea, company, or your retirement. Support a cause, charity, or friend.

I'm sick of blaming my ill-fated luck and state of misery-- not to mention, most recently, my bronchitis and sinus infection-- on the economy. I'm also sick of racking up my credit card debt in order to commute to work, eat meals, live my live. And I'm also too stubborn to submit to a line-itemized budget and stop enjoying some of life's finest things-- food, friends, fashion, wine, jetsetting-- because my paycheck tells me I can't.

For a City Dweller, life doesn't stop when the economy slows down. This blog proves that life can go on in a recession, that a City Dweller can stay in her element AND live within her means. This blog is about being a Diva on a Dime. Follow me as a I take on Boston-- and who knows what other cities-- as THE Frugal Fashionista.

No comments:

Post a Comment