Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday sales

"Go ahead and swipe your card-- Oh, wait, I'm mistaken, you owe NOTHING."

The cashier at Banana Republic Woman (2 Copley Place, Back Bay) broke that news to me this morning. "Not a bad way to start off my Saturday," I thought. 

At Banana Republic, all sale items are Take an Extra 20% Off; BR (and Gap and Old Navy) Cardholders Take an Extra 10% Off Everything from now through April 1; All full-priced pants, belts, and select sweaters are 30% off. 

The bracelet I "bought" was originally priced at $49, but on sale for $24.99. Apply to that BR's Take and Extra 20% Off Sale Items, my 10% Cardholder discount, and $20 in reward cards (another perk of a cardholder) and that puppy was free.

Needless to say, I was feelin' quite savvy this morning and ventured off through Copley Square and up Newbury St. to see what other deals I land. 

City Sports (480 Boylston, Back Bay) has 20% off all women's running apparel and up to 75% off winter coats. If you purchase something not already on sale, flash a gym membership and receive 10% your purchase (Don't be shy, either, with those small purchases. I flashed my card for a $3.25 can of tennis balls and am proud of it). 

French Connection (FCUK) (206 Newbury St., Back Bay) has 75% off. 

And my second best find of the day was Second Time Around's (176 Newbury St., Back Bay) Economic Stimulus sale at 80% off. Although it's a great deal for a buyer, if you're looking to sell back some old threads, remember they give you half of the price it's sold at, so you may not make bank like you thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment